Signs You Need More Garage Insulation
You might scoff at the idea of garage insulation. After all, a garage is a strange in-between area, and it’s rarely going to be as warm as the inside of your home. But should it be as cold as outside? Ideally, no.
Look for these signs when considering garage insulation:
- Rooms adjacent to your garage are either cold, hot or have moisture problems.
- Even with the garage door closed for a lengthy period of time, being in your garage feels like you’re outside.
- Drafts blow inside your garage from outside or inside your house from your garage.
- Mold or mildew are problems in your garage or adjacent rooms.
- When it snows, the area around your garage melts clear from leaking heat.
Any of these alone can indicate a problem; if you have multiple at hand, you’re looking at some seriously underperforming garage insulation. After all, insulating your garage should be doing two things: protecting your garage from the outdoors and protecting the rest of your home from your garage. If it’s doing neither, you have a serious issue at hand.
To have the team at NorthEast Spray Insulation assess your insulation needs, reach out to us online.